Home

Ya know that feeling? It's the feeling you get when you're in a certain place that is so familiar to you that it gives you a sense of belonging.  It gives you the reassurance that you are safe and loved there. There's some sort of peace about going to that place. It is almost as though you can leave for a vast period of time and come back and that feeling of security will remain. I think of that place as home. My home is a place where I've overreacted, been a total jerk, I've struggled, I've cried, I've fought battles, I've loved, I've laughed, I've nurtured others, I've learned, I've been made fun of, it's the place that created me. Some may think I have a perfect life, I've had quite a lot of people tell me that actually. My life is quite the contrary.

My life has been a tough one. My life isn't all sun shines and rainbows, I have had to work for what i have. Don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed and I have a lot of things given to me, but I know how to work hard. However, I also know how to enjoy whatever tasks fly my way. I also know how to sacrifice some thing I want now, for greater things later. I have learned how to put my faith in something that cannot be proven. I have learned to trust in someone unseen by me, but someone that is beside me at all times. I have come home from school, and had to leave school, crying. I have been bullied. I have had some of the closest people to me die. I have had my heart broken. I have seen the ones closest to me make bad choices. I have been through more crap than anyone would think. People think that because I smile and laugh a lot is because life is easy for me. They are wrong. I smile and laugh because it brightens my day when I see others happy. I also smile because life is hard, but none the less good! Positive thoughts = positive reality. All the lessons I've learned and things I've overcome, I've gotten through them within the support system inside my home. That is why my home is so important to me.

Comments

Popular Posts