YOU KNOW NOTHING OF MY LIFE

I WANT TO JUST SCREAM

& I WILL JUST SCREAM

I don't owe you an explanation
     but I thought I'd share one.

your outer eye cannot see
what hurts inside, inside of me

you say I'm "fine"?
pause. wait...
did you and I dine?

last time I checked...
you knew nothing of my life
OH WAIT
you've heard those whisperings...

so once again,
you know nothing of my life.

you cannot tell me,
I have an elevated confidence.

do you see what I think
when I look in a mirror?

you cannot tell me
my life is perfect.
do you know
what I come home to?

you cannot tell me
I get everything I want.
have you seen the grit.
the time. the heart. the tears.

you cannot tell me you know my life!

when you haven't taken more then a mere second to ask. to talk. to dine.

you can see the cover of this book, and it may be "fine"

in all reality
this book.
may be on a higher shelf...
but because it has a story worth sharing.

a story full of the grit it took
the time it took
the heart it took.
and the tears it took.

don't be mad
when your book is
on bottom
you had problems trying to erase my ink
& in turn you forgot to write your own


Comments

Popular Posts